What You Need to Know About Car Accidents and More
A list of common misconceptions about car accidents:
- Insurance companies are going to be fair and just when providing compensation for economic and non-economic damages.
- Insurance companies are required to compensate you for injuries. However, the have a vested financial interest in paying the smallest amount possible.
- You don’t need an attorney to evaluate your case
- You don’t perform your surgeries, do you? And when you get sick do you see a doctor? You need a professional who is experienced, capable and well versed in the law to handle your case.
- You are guaranteed compensation for your injuries.
- According to the Insurance Institute, a 2015 study said that in Florida 26.7% of the drivers on our roads are UNINSURED! Meaning they have no money to go after should they cause a motor vehicle collision with injuries. If you couple this with not carrying an Uninsured motorist policy, there is no available monies for compensation.
- Attorneys are expensive.
- Yes, attorney’s can be expensive. However, our attorney’s work on a contingency fee basis. This means we take on all the risk, costs and man power up front. We only get paid when you receive compensation. Furthermore, at Kinney & Moore, you don’t get an attorney, you get a team of professionals willing to help you through the process.